A car suddenly cuts in front of you, creating a hazard. Which of these actions should you take first?
A) Honk and step on the brake firmly
B) Take your foot off the gas
C) Swerve into the lane next to you
Take your foot off the gas
Related Permit Test Questions:
- When making a turn, you must _____ your speed.
- Even if you know your vehicle can maneuver a sharp curve at the legal speed limit, you should still slow down because:
- You can make a right turn at a red light, after checking for pedestrians and other traffic:
- For an average person, how many minutes does the body need to process the alcohol in one drink?
- You may honk your horn when you:
- When you drive through an area where children are playing, you should expect them:
- If you cannot stop safely at a yellow traffic light, you should:
- Which of the following is true about safety belts and accidents?
- Accidents tend to happen when:
- Which of the following is true about roadways on bridges and overpasses in cold, wet weather?
- If you’re driving and you find that nothing seems to help you stay awake, you should:
- If your turn signals fail, you should use _____ to indicate you are turning.
- Drive below the posted speed limit when:
- If five or more vehicles are following you on a narrow two-lane road:
- Which of these statements is true about driving and taking drugs?
- You are approaching a railroad crossing with no warning devices and are unable to see 400 feet down the track in one direction. The speed limit is:
- Which of the following is true about driving speed?
- If another car is in danger of hitting you, you should:
- When sharing the road with a truck, it is important to remember that, in general, trucks:
- When you are planning to make a turn, you should activate your turn signals:
- When exiting a highway, you should slow down:
- Which of the following is true about lap-only seat belts?
- Taking drugs along with alcohol:
- You may legally block an intersection:
- If a vehicle using high beams comes toward you, you should look towards _____ of the road.