A car suddenly cuts in front of you, creating a hazard. Which of these actions should you take first?
A) Honk and step on the brake firmly
B) Take your foot off the gas
C) Swerve into the lane next to you
Take your foot off the gas
Related Permit Test Questions:
- Your blind spot is the area of the road:
- Which of the following is true about lap-only seat belts?
- To pass a slower-moving vehicle on a two-lane road you must:
- If it starts to rain on a hot day, the road is the most slippery:
- The most effective thing you can do to reduce your risk of getting injured or killed in a traffic crash is:
- Which of these statements is true about drinking alcohol and driving?
- If your car breaks down on a highway, you should:
- When turning left at an intersection, you should:
- If you have a conditional driver license, there is (are):
- A person can ride in the back of a pick up truck when the:
- Orange colored road signs:
- You must make a full stop before you cross railroad tracks when:
- If you are driving behind a motorcycle, you must:
- You can make a right turn at a red light, after checking for pedestrians and other traffic:
- When parked on any hill, always set your parking brake and:
- When you see an emergency vehicle with flashing lights, you must:
- It is a good habit to signal continuously during the last 100 feet befor you turn at an intersection:
- A driver unexpectedly pulls in front of you. The handbook recommends:
- Which of these statements is true about safety zones?
- A safety zone is a specially marked area for passenges to get on or off buses or trolleys. You may not drive through a safety zone
- You are entering a freeway. You should check traffic by using:
- Accidents tend to happen when:
- When no signs, signals, or police tell you what to do at an intersection, the law states that:
- The driver ahead of you stops at a crosswalk. What should you do?
- Tailgating other drivers (driving too close to their rear bumper):