A car suddenly cuts in front of you, creating a hazard. Which of these actions should you take first?
A) Honk and step on the brake firmly
B) Take your foot off the gas
C) Swerve into the lane next to you
Take your foot off the gas
Related Permit Test Questions:
- Before turning, you should:
- You are waiting to turn left at a multilane intersection, and opposing traffic is blocking your view, you should:
- As alcohol builds up in your blood, it:
- If another car is in danger of hitting you, you should:
- If another driver cuts you off in traffic, you should:
- When driving on slippery roads, you should:
- When should you NOT take your legal right-of-way?
- When sharing the road with a truck, it is important to remember that, in general, trucks:
- When can you drive using only your parking lights?
- “Highway hypnosis” is a driver condition that can result from:
- Which of the following is true about use of your turn signals?
- You should be prepared to take a chemical test for the alcohol content of your blood, breath or urine:
- If you park along the right-hand curb facing uphill you should:
- A pedestrian starts to cross the street after the “don’t Walk” signal starts to flash. The person is in the middle of the street when your signal light changes to green. you should:
- Which of these statements is true about blind spots?
- Why should you scan 10 to 15 seconds ahead of you?
- Which of the following is true about driving speed?
- On two-lane, two-way streets or highways, you should start left turns:
- If you cannot stop safely at a yellow traffic light, you should:
- Driving slowly in front of traffic in the far left (fast) lane on any freeway:
- You must stop before you cross railroad tracks when:
- You were in an accident which caused $1000 worth of damage. How many days do you have to report an accident to DMV?
- The intersection has a stop sign. Where should you first stop?
- If you have a conditional driver license, there is (are):
- Which of these statements is true about drinking alcohol and driving?