A car suddenly cuts in front of you, creating a hazard. Which of these actions should you take first?
A) Honk and step on the brake firmly
B) Take your foot off the gas
C) Swerve into the lane next to you
Take your foot off the gas
Related Permit Test Questions:
- Which of these is true about cold weather and driving conditions?
- You exit a freeway and see that the off ramp curves downhill. You should:
- Which of these statements is true about slippery road surfaces?
- It is against the law to enter an intersection when:
- Parking is NEVER permitted:
- If the road is wet from a heavy rain, you should:
- Roadways are the most slippery:
- Large trucks often travel with a lot of space in front of their vehicle. This extra space is required for:
- It is very foggy. You should slow down and turn on your:
- You are driving 55 mph in the far left (fast) lane of a freeway posted for 65 mph. You could be cited for driving too slowly:
- Blocking an intersection during “rush hour” traffic is not permitted:
- You are almost through an intersection when you realize you want to turn left instead of going straight. What should you do now?
- If you cannot stop safely at a yellow traffic light, you should:
- When driving on a one way street and an emergency vehicle with flashing lights is behind your car, you:
- The law gives _______ the right of way at intersections.
- A driver unexpectedly pulls in front of you. The handbook recommends:
- You must use your headlights when other vehicles are not visible from _____ feet away.
- When you are in a line of traffic that is crossing a railroad track that has no signals or gates:
- There is a railroad crossing ahead and you can’t see if any trains are coming until you are almost ready to cross the tracks. how fast should you be driving?
- Even if you know your vehicle can maneuver a sharp curve at the legal speed limit, you should still slow down because:
- When travelling behind a motorcycle:
- Tailgating other drivers (driving too close to their rear bumper):
- You should increase the distance between your car and the vehicle ahead when you:
- When entering a highway from an entrance ramp, you should generally:
- Driving slowly in front of traffic in the far left (fast) lane on any freeway: