If you need to slow down or stop when other drivers may not expect it, you should:
A) Quickly tap your brake pedal a few times
B) Use your emergency brake
C) Look over your shoulder for traffic in your blind spot
Quickly tap your brake pedal a few times
Related Permit Test Questions:
- The most effective thing you can do to reduce your risk of getting injured or killed in a traffic crash is:
- When parking next to a curb, you should use your turn signals:
- Which of these is true about cold weather and driving conditions?
- It is illegal for a person 21 years of age or older to drive with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) that is ______ or more.
- When may you legally go around or under a railroad crossing gate?
- Drivers entering a roundabout or traffic circle:
- Even if you know your vehicle can maneuver a sharp curve at the legal speed limit, you should still slow down because:
- When approaching a stopped school bus with its red lights flashing and its stop arm extended, you must:
- If you know your vehicle can maneuver a sharp curve at the high speed limit, you should still slow down because:
- Roadways are the most slippery:
- You have been involved in a minor traffic collision with a parked vehicle and you can’t find the owner. You must:
- You may honk your horn when you:
- You were in an accident which caused $1000 worth of damage. How many days do you have to report an accident to DMV?
- A car suddenly cuts in front of you, creating a hazard. Which of these actions should you take first?
- To pass a slower-moving vehicle on a two-lane road you must:
- Which of these is true about signal person at road construction sites?
- The maximum speed limit for ideal driving condition is:
- You can make a right turn at a red light, after checking for pedestrians and other traffic:
- When you are in a line of traffic that is crossing a railroad track that has no signals or gates:
- It is against the law to enter an intersection when:
- Which of these statements is true about blind spots?
- The amount of space you need to cross traffic depends on the:
- When a truck driver behind you wants to pass your vehicle, your speed should:
- You reach an intersection with stop signs on all four corners at the same time as the driver on your left. Who has the right-of-way?
- You are almost through an intersection when you realize you want to turn left instead of going straight. What should you do now?