If you need to slow down or stop when other drivers may not expect it, you should:
A) Quickly tap your brake pedal a few times
B) Use your emergency brake
C) Look over your shoulder for traffic in your blind spot
Quickly tap your brake pedal a few times
Related Permit Test Questions:
- Unless otherwise posted the speed limit in a residential area is ______
- You must make a full stop before you cross railroad tracks when:
- Even if you know your vehicle can maneuver a sharp curve at the legal speed limit, you should still slow down because:
- Teenage drivers are more likely to be involved in a car crash when:
- A white painted curb means:
- The most important thing to remember about speed management and curves is to:
- If you are driving behind a motorcycle, you must:
- A school bus ahead of you in your lane is stopped with red lights flashing. You should:
- If you are being tailgated, you should:
- When driving a vehicle with air bags, you are safest when seated:
- You should check traffic behind you:
- If a driver looks like he or she is going to pull out in front of you, the safest thing to do is:
- You are stopped at an intersection. The traffic light just turned green. Can you go immediately?
- You sold your vehicle. You must notify _______ within 5 days.
- What can you do to avoid the need to make emergency (or “panic”) stops while driving in traffic?
- You should honk your horn when you:
- If an oncoming driver is heading toward you in your lane, you should:
- If you are unable to see the road ahead while driving because of heavy fog and your wipers do not help, you should:
- Allow a larger space cushion when stopping:
- On a two-lane road, you may pass another vehicle on the right when:
- You should be prepared to take a chemical test for the alcohol content of your blood, breath or urine:
- You may legally block an intersection:
- If you are following a truck that swings left before making a right turn at an intersection, you should remember that it is very dangerous to:
- Which of these statements is true about large trucks?
- To avoid last minute moves, you should be looking down the road to where your vehicle will be in about _______