If you need to slow down or stop when other drivers may not expect it, you should:
A) Quickly tap your brake pedal a few times
B) Use your emergency brake
C) Look over your shoulder for traffic in your blind spot
Quickly tap your brake pedal a few times
Related Permit Test Questions:
- The most effective thing you can do to reduce your risk of getting injured or killed in a traffic crash is:
- It is illegal to block an intersection:
- These pavement markings tell you that at the intersection ahead:
- Which way do you turn your front wheels to park uphill next to a curb?
- Safely backing your vehicle includes all of the following except:
- Which of the following is true about lap-only seat belts?
- You are crossing an intersection and an emergency vehicle is approaching with siren and flashing lights. You should:
- You should never park:
- Which of these statements is NOT true about road workers?
- You reach an intersection with stop signs on all four corners at the same time as the driver on your left. Who has the right-of-way?
- When stopped at an intersection with stop signs at all four corners, you must yield the right-of-way to the driver:
- At an intersection with a stop sign, you should stop and:
- What is the benefit of a space cushion around your vehicle?
- Even if you know your vehicle can maneuver a sharp curve at the legal speed limit, you should still slow down because:
- If another driver cuts you off in traffic, you should:
- Who must yield when a driver is turning and a pedestrian is crossing without a traffic light?
- Who has the right-of-way at an intersection with no crosswalks?
- You are driving 55 mph in the far left (fast) lane of a freeway posted for 65 mph. You could be cited for driving too slowly:
- The intersection has a stop sign. Where should you first stop?
- You were in an accident which caused $1000 worth of damage. How many days do you have to report an accident to DMV?
- You are waiting to turn left at a multilane intersection, and opposing traffic is blocking your view, you should:
- You hit a parked car and can’t find the owner. What must you do?
- An orange triangle on the back of a vehicle indicates that vehicle:
- Which of these statements is true about safety zones?
- You are driving at night and using high beams. Dim your lights when you get closer than _____ feet from the car ahead.