Merging onto a road is safest if you:
A) Slowly move into the nearest lane so other drivers will make room for you
B) Drive on the shoulder of the road until there is an opening
C) Wait for a large enough gap in traffic to enter the road
Drive on the shoulder of the road until there is an opening
Related Permit Test Questions:
- If you are following a truck that swings left before making a right turn at an intersection, you should remember that it is very dangerous to:
- You are driving 55 m.p.h on a two lane road and want to pass the car ahead of you. To pass safely, you need a _______ gap in the oncoming traffic.
- The intersection has a stop sign. Where should you first stop?
- You are almost through an intersection when you realize you want to turn left instead of going straight. What should you do now?
- If a driver looks like he or she is going to pull out in front of you, the safest thing to do is:
- When making a turn, you must _____ your speed.
- It is best to keep a space cushion:
- When a truck driver behind you wants to pass your vehicle, your speed should:
- When sharing the road with a trolley or light rail vehicle:
- Roadways are the most slippery:
- Safely backing your vehicle includes all of the following except:
- Which of the following is true about the speed at which you travel?
- Which of the following is true about double parking?
- When driving on a multi-lane street with other vehicles:
- At an intersection with a stop sign, you should stop and:
- When a school bus has its lights flashing and its stop arm extended, you must:
- You are approaching a sharp curve on the road. You should:
- The amount of space you need to cross traffic depends on the:
- There is a railroad crossing ahead. You see a mechanical signal warning of an approaching train. You must:
- You are driving and come to a corner with a flashing yellow signal light. What should you do:
- You exit a freeway and see that the off ramp curves downhill. You should:
- A driver unexpectedly pulls in front of you. The handbook recommends:
- A school bus ahead of you in your lane is stopped with red lights flashing. You should:
- What can you do to avoid the need to make emergency (or “panic”) stops while driving in traffic?
- You must stop before you cross railroad tracks when: