What is a safety zone?
A) An empty lane next to the freeway dividers
B) A space set aside for pedestrians
C) The median strip on a divided highway
A space set aside for pedestrians
Related Permit Test Questions:
- To turn left on multi-lane streets and highways, you should start from:
- You are involved in a minor accident at an intersection. There are no injuries and very little vehicle damage. You should:
- Unless otherwise posted the speed limit in a residential area is ______
- When you hear a fire engine siren, you must:
- When may you legally go around or under a railroad crossing gate?
- A driver unexpectedly pulls in front of you. The handbook recommends:
- You may honk your horn when you:
- If you are involved in a traffic collision, you are required to complete and submit a written report (SR1) to the DMV:
- Which of these statements is true about blind spots?
- You are driving 55 mph in the far left (fast) lane of a freeway posted for 65 mph. You could be cited for driving too slowly:
- Tailgating other drivers (driving too close to their rear bumper):
- A person can ride in the back of a pick up truck when the:
- You should signal for a turn during the last _____ feet before the turn.
- You have been involved in a minor traffic collision with a parked vehicle and you can’t find the owner. You must:
- When driving in the far right lane of a freeway, you:
- You are driving 55 mph on a two lane highway, one lane in each direction, and want to pass the car ahead of you. To pass safely, you need to:
- You are driving on a highway. Your tire suddenly goes flat and you need to pull over and get help. Where should you pull over?
- The driver is:
- On a two-lane road, you may pass another vehicle on the right when:
- Preparing to smoke and smoking while driving:
- You have just been convicted of driving under the influence of alcohol. The judge sentenced you to 48 hours in jail. In addition, you may:
- When you see an emergency vehicle with flashing lights, you must:
- You must stop before you cross railroad tracks when:
- Drive below the posted speed limit when:
- Roads become very slippery: