What is a safety zone?
A) An empty lane next to the freeway dividers
B) A space set aside for pedestrians
C) The median strip on a divided highway
A space set aside for pedestrians
Related Permit Test Questions:
- When parking a car, you should:
- The top major crash type for 16 year old drivers in Pennsylvania is:
- You are crossing an intersection and an emergency vehicle is approaching with siren and flashing lights. You should:
- You should honk your horn when you:
- When driving in fog, you should use your _________.
- A person can ride in the back of a pick up truck when the:
- You are driving on a highway. Your tire suddenly goes flat and you need to pull over and get help. Where should you pull over?
- You are driving at night and using high beams. Dim your lights when you get closer than _____ feet from the car ahead.
- You may turn right on a solid red light:
- You have been involved in a minor traffic collision with a parked vehicle and you can’t find the owner. You must:
- You are driving 55 m.p.h on a two lane road and want to pass the car ahead of you. To pass safely, you need a _______ gap in the oncoming traffic.
- You are waiting to turn right at a red traffic light. There is a pedestrian on the right side of your vehicle waiting to cross the street you want to enter. Who has the right-of-way when your light turns green?
- You should signal for a turn during the last _____ feet before the turn.
- The amount of space you need to cross traffic depends on the:
- During freezing weather, which area is most likely to be slippery after it snows or rains?
- You were in an accident which caused $1000 worth of damage. How many days do you have to report an accident to DMV?
- Large trucks often travel with a lot of space in front of their vehicle. This extra space is required for:
- Driving slowly in front of traffic in the far left (fast) lane on any freeway:
- When entering a highway from an entrance ramp, you should generally:
- If you are involved in an accident, you must show your driver license, ___________ and ___________ to the other person(s) involved:
- If your car breaks down on a highway, you should:
- When stopped at an intersection with stop signs at all four corners, you must yield the right-of-way to the driver:
- What can you do to avoid the need to make emergency (or “panic”) stops while driving in traffic?
- When you are merging onto the freeway, you should be driving:
- When traveling below 40 miles per hour on a limited access highway, you should: