What is a safety zone?
A) An empty lane next to the freeway dividers
B) A space set aside for pedestrians
C) The median strip on a divided highway
A space set aside for pedestrians
Related Permit Test Questions:
- You should check traffic behind you:
- The law gives _______ the right of way at intersections.
- If you know your vehicle can maneuver a sharp curve at the high speed limit, you should still slow down because:
- Orange colored road signs:
- When driving on wet roads, you should:
- Two sets of solid double yellow lines two feet or more apart:
- If you approach an intersection without a stop sign or signals, you:
- You may turn right on a solid red light:
- At night, it is hardest to see:
- Backing your vehicle is:
- You must use your headlights when other vehicles are not visible from _____ feet away.
- If you need to slow down or stop when other drivers may not expect it, you should:
- It is against the law to enter an intersection when:
- You are stopped. You want to make a left turn, but there are oncoming vehicles close by. You should:
- You are driving on a highway. Your tire suddenly goes flat and you need to pull over and get help. Where should you pull over?
- You must make a full stop before you cross railroad tracks when:
- You have just been convicted of driving under the influence of alcohol. The judge sentenced you to 48 hours in jail. In addition, you may:
- When driving on a multi-lane street with other vehicles:
- You are repeatedly convicted of traffic violations. What can happen?
- When driving in the far right lane of a freeway, you:
- Before passing another vehicle, you should signal:
- You are driving and come to a corner with a flashing yellow signal light. What should you do:
- Scanning while you drive means you:
- A driver unexpectedly pulls in front of you. The handbook recommends:
- You are waiting to turn left at a multilane intersection, and opposing traffic is blocking your view, you should: