Which of the following is true about safety belts and accidents?
A) They trap you in your car if it catches on fire in an accident
B) They keep you from being thrown clear to safety, which lowers your chances of surviving accidents
C) They increase your chances of survival in most types of accidents
They increase your chances of survival in most types of accidents
Related Permit Test Questions:
- What can you do to avoid the need to make emergency (or “panic”) stops while driving in traffic?
- Compared to driving during the day, driving at night is:
- If another driver cuts you off in traffic, you should:
- When you see an emergency vehicle with flashing lights, you must:
- Is it legal to drive with an open container of alcohol in your vehicle?
- Anything that requires you to _______ could cause you to crash.
- When parking next to a curb, you should use your turn signals:
- You must make a full stop before you cross railroad tracks when:
- Solid yellow lines separate:
- Which of the following will help you avoid being hit from behind?
- A safety zone is a specially marked area for passenges to get on or off buses or trolleys. You may not drive through a safety zone
- When parked on any hill, always set your parking brake and:
- Who must yield when a driver is turning and a pedestrian is crossing without a traffic light?
- On two-lane, two-way streets or highways, you should start left turns:
- When can you cross a solid double yellow line to pass another vehicle?
- A green painted curb means:
- When may you legally go around or under a railroad crossing gate?
- The maximum speed limit for ideal driving condition is:
- When sharing the road with a truck, it is important to remember that, in general, trucks:
- A curb painted blue means:
- Why should you scan 10 to 15 seconds ahead of you?
- Which of these statements is true about slippery road surfaces?
- Distracted drivers are at a greater risk of a crash when they are using which of the following:
- If you need to slow down or stop when other drivers may not expect it, you should:
- There is a railroad crossing ahead. You see a mechanical signal warning of an approaching train. You must: