Which of these statements is true about slippery road surfaces?
A) Driving on wet leaves on the road will give you extra traction
B) On cold days, shade from buildings/trees can hide spots of ice
C) The pavement is less slippery when it first starts to rain on a hot day than it is afterwards
On cold days, shade from buildings/trees can hide spots of ice
Related Permit Test Questions:
- If a driver unexpectedly merges into the lane in front of cutting you off, you should:
- Scanning while you drive means you:
- If a driver looks like he or she is going to pull out in front of you, the safest thing to do is:
- For an average person, how many minutes does the body need to process the alcohol in one drink?
- Drive below the posted speed limit when:
- If you are towing another vehicle or trailer on a freeway with four lanes in your direction, you may travel in:
- Who must yield when a driver is turning and a pedestrian is crossing without a traffic light?
- You are almost through an intersection when you realize you want to turn left instead of going straight. What should you do now?
- You are driving at night and using high beams. Dim your lights when you get closer than _____ feet from the car ahead.
- When you are planning to make a turn, you should activate your turn signals:
- If a vehicle using high beams comes toward you, you should look towards _____ of the road.
- Allow a larger space cushion when stopping:
- When driving a vehicle with air bags, you are safest when seated:
- You should never park:
- What is the benefit of a space cushion around your vehicle?
- You are approaching a sharp curve on the road. You should:
- You must make a full stop before you cross railroad tracks when:
- Which of these statements is NOT true about road workers?
- Why should you scan 10 to 15 seconds ahead of you?
- This lane in the middle of a two-way street is used to:
- Before turning, you should:
- You should check traffic behind you:
- Which of the following will help you avoid being hit from behind?
- Why should your passengers wear a seat belt?
- You are driving on a highway. Your tire suddenly goes flat and you need to pull over and get help. Where should you pull over?