Which of these statements is true about slippery road surfaces?
A) Driving on wet leaves on the road will give you extra traction
B) On cold days, shade from buildings/trees can hide spots of ice
C) The pavement is less slippery when it first starts to rain on a hot day than it is afterwards
On cold days, shade from buildings/trees can hide spots of ice
Related Permit Test Questions:
- You are driving 55 mph on a two lane highway, one lane in each direction, and want to pass the car ahead of you. To pass safely, you need to:
- What should you do if a car coming towards you at night keeps its high beams on?
- If an oncoming driver is heading toward you in your lane, you should:
- For an average person, how many minutes does the body need to process the alcohol in one drink?
- You should honk your horn when you:
- When you are merging onto the freeway, you should be driving:
- You are approaching a sharp curve on the road. You should:
- You are entering a freeway. You should check traffic by using:
- When you park on the roadway, you should:
- The driver ahead of you stops at a crosswalk. What should you do?
- If you approach an intersection without a stop sign or signals, you:
- Which of these statement is true about light rail vehicles?
- When parked on any hill, always set your parking brake and:
- When you don’t see any other vehicles around you while driving:
- You are approaching a railroad crossing with no warning devices and are unable to see 400 feet down the track in one direction. The speed limit is:
- When you see an emergency vehicle with flashing lights, you must:
- You can make a right turn at a red light, after checking for pedestrians and other traffic:
- When can you merge into a bike lane for a right turn?
- “Highway hypnosis” is a driver condition that can result from:
- You are stopped at an intersection. The traffic light just turned green. Can you go immediately?
- You should be prepared to take a chemical test for the alcohol content of your blood, breath or urine:
- Roadways are the most slippery:
- You are traveling on a road with only one lane in your direction. Many cars are pulling out to pass you. You should:
- The “four-second rule” refers to how one should:
- If you are following a truck that swings left before making a right turn at an intersection, you should remember that it is very dangerous to: