You are driving 55 m.p.h on a two lane road and want to pass the car ahead of you. To pass safely, you need a _______ gap in the oncoming traffic.
A) 5 seconds
B) 7 seconds
C) 10-12 seconds
Related Permit Test Questions:
- You should signal for a turn during the last _____ feet before the turn.
- Large trucks are most likely to lose speed and cause a hazard:
- If another driver cuts you off in traffic, you should:
- You must stop before you cross railroad tracks when:
- Driving Along the right-rear side of another vehicle is:
- You are waiting to turn right at a red traffic light. There is a pedestrian on the right side of your vehicle waiting to cross the street you want to enter. Who has the right-of-way when your light turns green?
- What should you do if a car coming towards you at night keeps its high beams on?
- If you cannot stop safely at a yellow traffic light, you should:
- You just rear-ended the car in front of you. You were probably:
- The law gives _______ the right of way at intersections.
- Scanning while you drive means you:
- When driving a vehicle with air bags, you are safest when seated:
- Before turning, you should:
- Roadways are the most slippery:
- You must use your headlights when other vehicles are not visible from _____ feet away.
- You are waiting to turn left at a multilane intersection, and opposing traffic is blocking your view, you should:
- If you stop at a railroad crossing with more than one track:
- You may turn right on a solid red light:
- If you get sleepy while you are driving, you should
- You should check traffic behind you:
- You are driving 55 mph in the far left (fast) lane of a freeway posted for 65 mph. You could be cited for driving too slowly:
- If you are driving behind a motorcycle, you must:
- Which of these statements is true about large trucks?
- You must notify law enforcement and make a written report (SR 1) to DMV if:
- If your turn signals fail, you should use _____ to indicate you are turning.