You are driving 55 m.p.h on a two lane road and want to pass the car ahead of you. To pass safely, you need a _______ gap in the oncoming traffic.
A) 5 seconds
B) 7 seconds
C) 10-12 seconds
Related Permit Test Questions:
- You are approaching an intersection. You should look:
- If you have a tire blowout, you should:
- A car suddenly cuts in front of you, creating a hazard. Which of these actions should you take first?
- If the rear of your vehicle starts to skid left, you should:
- Even if you know your vehicle can maneuver a sharp curve at the legal speed limit, you should still slow down because:
- You are stopped at an intersection. The traffic light just turned green. Can you go immediately?
- When can you merge into a bike lane for a right turn?
- Backing your vehicle is:
- Which of the following will help you avoid being hit from behind?
- It is best to keep a space cushion:
- Weaving in and out of freeway lanes during heavy traffic:
- When parking your vehicle parallel to the curb on a level street:
- You are driving 55 mph on a two lane highway, one lane in each direction, and want to pass the car ahead of you. To pass safely, you need to:
- Which of the following is true about driving on a wet roadway?
- When driving near a blind pedestrian who is carrying a white cane or using a guide dog, you should:
- If your car breaks down on a highway, you should:
- When driving through a work zone, it is a good safety practice to:
- You may turn right on a solid red light:
- Which of the following is true about roadways on bridges and overpasses in cold, wet weather?
- You must use your seat belt:
- At highway speeds, on a dry road, a safe following distance is at least:
- You should check traffic behind you:
- You were in an accident which caused $1000 worth of damage. How many days do you have to report an accident to DMV?
- When a truck driver behind you wants to pass your vehicle, your speed should:
- You should use a turnout lane when: