You are driving 55 m.p.h on a two lane road and want to pass the car ahead of you. To pass safely, you need a _______ gap in the oncoming traffic.
A) 5 seconds
B) 7 seconds
C) 10-12 seconds
Related Permit Test Questions:
- The driver ahead of you stops at a crosswalk. What should you do?
- You are traveling on a road with only one lane in your direction. Many cars are pulling out to pass you. You should:
- The intersection has a stop sign. Where should you first stop?
- Your brake lights tell other drivers that you:
- You are driving on a highway. Your tire suddenly goes flat and you need to pull over and get help. Where should you pull over?
- You are waiting to turn left at a multilane intersection, and opposing traffic is blocking your view, you should:
- Use your headlights on rainy, snowy, or foggy days:
- __________ limit(s) your concentration, perception, judgment, and memory.
- Unless otherwise posted the speed limit in a residential area is ______
- Scanning while you drive means you:
- You are crossing an intersection and an emergency vehicle is approaching with siren and flashing lights. You should:
- You are stopped at an intersection. The traffic light just turned green. Can you go immediately?
- If a driver unexpectedly merges into the lane in front of cutting you off, you should:
- You are involved in an accident and there is more than $500 in damages. You must:
- Allowing a space cushion is important because it:
- Other drivers are not making room for you to merge onto a freeway with heavy traffic. if it is absolutely necessary, you may:
- On the highway, you should look far down the road:
- A driver unexpectedly pulls in front of you. The handbook recommends:
- If you are being tailgated, you should:
- You have been involved in a minor traffic collision with a parked vehicle and you can’t find the owner. You must:
- You should check traffic behind you:
- The most important thing to remember about speed management and curves is to:
- Which of the following is true about safety belts and accidents?
- Hydroplaning is usually caused by:
- What should you do if a car coming towards you at night keeps its high beams on?