You are driving 55 m.p.h on a two lane road and want to pass the car ahead of you. To pass safely, you need a _______ gap in the oncoming traffic.
A) 5 seconds
B) 7 seconds
C) 10-12 seconds
Related Permit Test Questions:
- A school bus ahead of you in your lane is stopped with red lights flashing. You should:
- If it starts to rain on a hot day, the road is the most slippery:
- When approaching a stopped school bus with its red lights flashing and its stop arm extended, you must:
- You should use a turnout lane when:
- You are driving on a highway. Your tire suddenly goes flat and you need to pull over and get help. Where should you pull over?
- You have just been convicted of driving under the influence of alcohol. The judge sentenced you to 48 hours in jail. In addition, you may:
- A curb painted red means:
- You need to use extra caution when driving near a pedestrian using a white cane because:
- Roads freeze more quickly when they are:
- When driving near a blind pedestrian who is carrying a white cane or using a guide dog, you should:
- During freezing weather, which area is most likely to be slippery after it snows or rains?
- It is illegal to block an intersection:
- Which of the following is true about roadways on bridges and overpasses in cold, wet weather?
- Roadways are the most slippery:
- __________ limit(s) your concentration, perception, judgment, and memory.
- The “four-second rule” refers to how one should:
- If you are involved in an accident, you must show your driver license, ___________ and ___________ to the other person(s) involved:
- You are traveling on a road with only one lane in your direction. Many cars are pulling out to pass you. You should:
- Who must yield when a driver is turning and a pedestrian is crossing without a traffic light?
- If you have a tire blowout, you should:
- You are driving 55 mph in the far left (fast) lane of a freeway posted for 65 mph. You could be cited for driving too slowly:
- Flash your brake lights or turn on your emergency flashers if you:
- If someone is driving aggressively behind you, you should:
- You are about to make a left turn. You must signla continuously during the last ______ feet before the turn.
- A pedestrian starts to cross the street after the “don’t Walk” signal starts to flash. The person is in the middle of the street when your signal light changes to green. you should: