You are driving 55 mph on a two lane highway, one lane in each direction, and want to pass the car ahead of you. To pass safely, you need to:
A) Wait until solid double, yellow lines separate the lanes
B) Increase your speed to 65 mph
C) Have a large enough gap in the oncoming traffic
Have a large enough gap in the oncoming traffic
Related Permit Test Questions:
- If you are involved in a traffic collision, you are required to complete and submit a written report (SR1) to the DMV:
- When passing a bicyclist, you should:
- You should be prepared to take a chemical test for the alcohol content of your blood, breath or urine:
- An orange triangle on the back of a vehicle indicates that vehicle:
- These pavement markings tell you that at the intersection ahead:
- Which of these statements is true about slippery road surfaces?
- It is your responsibility to know:
- Taking drugs along with alcohol:
- You must make a full stop before you cross railroad tracks when:
- Large trucks are most likely to lose speed and cause a hazard:
- To turn left on multi-lane streets and highways, you should start from:
- Safely backing your vehicle includes all of the following except:
- Your blind spot is the area of the road:
- Which of these statements is NOT true about road workers?
- When driving near road construction zones, you should:
- When can you drive using only your parking lights?
- If you are being tailgated, you should:
- Which of the following is true about lap-only seat belts?
- You are traveling on a road with only one lane in your direction. Many cars are pulling out to pass you. You should:
- Which of these two driving behaviors contribute to traffic congestion:
- If you know your vehicle can maneuver a sharp curve at the high speed limit, you should still slow down because:
- Which of these is a legal U-turn?
- If you want to get off of a freeway, but you missed your exit, you should:
- When driving on slick roads, you should:
- When exiting a highway, you should slow down: