You are driving 55 mph on a two lane highway, one lane in each direction, and want to pass the car ahead of you. To pass safely, you need to:
A) Wait until solid double, yellow lines separate the lanes
B) Increase your speed to 65 mph
C) Have a large enough gap in the oncoming traffic
Have a large enough gap in the oncoming traffic
Related Permit Test Questions:
- When sharing the road with a light rail train or trolley, you:
- What is the benefit of a space cushion around your vehicle?
- During freezing weather, which area is most likely to be slippery after it snows or rains?
- When you don’t see any other vehicles around you while driving:
- A person can ride in the back of a pick up truck when the:
- When faced with one oncoming car to the left and a bicyclist to the right, you should:
- Which of these statement is true about light rail vehicles?
- If you have a conditional driver license, there is (are):
- A car is coming towards you in a residential area. Both of you will pass a parked car at the same time. You should steer:
- Before passing another vehicle, you should signal:
- When sharing the road with a trolley or light rail vehicle:
- When a truck driver behind you wants to pass your vehicle, your speed should:
- The law gives _______ the right of way at intersections.
- When driving on slick roads, you should:
- You must use your headlights when other vehicles are not visible from _____ feet away.
- Which of these statements is true about large trucks?
- Roads freeze more quickly when they are:
- You must make a full stop before you cross railroad tracks when:
- Which of the following is true about safety belts and accidents?
- You are driving at night and using high beams. Dim your lights when you get closer than _____ feet from the car ahead.
- Preparing to smoke and smoking while driving:
- For an average person, how many minutes does the body need to process the alcohol in one drink?
- The most effective thing you can do to reduce your risk of getting injured or killed in a traffic crash is:
- The driver is:
- Which of the following is true about roadways on bridges and overpasses in cold, wet weather?