You are driving 55 mph on a two lane highway, one lane in each direction, and want to pass the car ahead of you. To pass safely, you need to:
A) Wait until solid double, yellow lines separate the lanes
B) Increase your speed to 65 mph
C) Have a large enough gap in the oncoming traffic
Have a large enough gap in the oncoming traffic
Related Permit Test Questions:
- It is your responsibility to know:
- You should never park:
- Use your headlights on rainy, snowy, or foggy days:
- Roads freeze more quickly when they are:
- Which of the following is true about driving speed?
- A white painted curb means:
- “Highway hypnosis” is a driver condition that can result from:
- You reach an intersection with stop signs on all four corners at the same time as the driver on your left. Who has the right-of-way?
- Which of the following is true about the speed at which you travel?
- There is a railroad crossing ahead and you can’t see if any trains are coming until you are almost ready to cross the tracks. how fast should you be driving?
- When no signs, signals, or police tell you what to do at an intersection, the law states that:
- You must make a full stop before you cross railroad tracks when:
- Before passing another vehicle, you should signal:
- During freezing weather, which area is most likely to be slippery after it snows or rains?
- There is no crosswalk and you see a pedestrian crossing in the middle of the block ahead:
- If you begin to feel tired while driving, the best thing to do is:
- Which of these statements is true about drinking alcohol and driving?
- You are waiting to turn left at a multilane intersection, and opposing traffic is blocking your view, you should:
- Unless otherwise posted the speed limit in a residential area is ______
- When you leave your lane to pass another vehicle, you know you have enough room to return to your driving lane when you:
- Parking is NEVER permitted:
- You were in an accident which caused $1000 worth of damage. How many days do you have to report an accident to DMV?
- A curb painted blue means:
- You are driving 55 mph in the far left (fast) lane of a freeway posted for 65 mph. You could be cited for driving too slowly:
- If you stop at a railroad crossing with more than one track: