You are driving 55 mph on a two lane highway, one lane in each direction, and want to pass the car ahead of you. To pass safely, you need to:
A) Wait until solid double, yellow lines separate the lanes
B) Increase your speed to 65 mph
C) Have a large enough gap in the oncoming traffic
Have a large enough gap in the oncoming traffic
Related Permit Test Questions:
- You are stopped at an intersection, but your view of the cross street is blocked by a building, bushes, or parked cars. you should:
- When driving on a one way street and an emergency vehicle with flashing lights is behind your car, you:
- Which of these statements is true about large trucks?
- You are about to make a left turn. You must signla continuously during the last ______ feet before the turn.
- When you don’t see any other vehicles around you while driving:
- Accidents tend to happen when:
- When driving through a work zone, it is a good safety practice to:
- Your brake lights tell other drivers that you:
- What can you do to avoid the need to make emergency (or “panic”) stops while driving in traffic?
- “Highway hypnosis” is a driver condition that can result from:
- To pass a slower-moving vehicle on a two-lane road you must:
- You need to use extra caution when driving near a pedestrian using a white cane because:
- You want to back out of an angle parking space. You should always back slowly and:
- If five or more vehicles are following you on a narrow two-lane road:
- If you get sleepy while you are driving, you should
- On two-lane, two-way streets or highways, you should start left turns:
- This lane in the middle of a two-way street is used to:
- When driving on slippery roads, you should:
- You are waiting to turn right at a red traffic light. There is a pedestrian on the right side of your vehicle waiting to cross the street you want to enter. Who has the right-of-way when your light turns green?
- Drive below the posted speed limit when:
- You have been involved in a minor traffic collision with a parked vehicle and you can’t find the owner. You must:
- Merging onto a road is safest if you:
- You are approaching a railroad crossing with no warning devices and are unable to see 400 feet down the track in one direction. The speed limit is:
- Which of these statements is true about blind spots?
- You should check traffic behind you: