You are driving 55 mph on a two lane highway, one lane in each direction, and want to pass the car ahead of you. To pass safely, you need to:
A) Wait until solid double, yellow lines separate the lanes
B) Increase your speed to 65 mph
C) Have a large enough gap in the oncoming traffic
Have a large enough gap in the oncoming traffic
Related Permit Test Questions:
- The law gives _______ the right of way at intersections.
- When you are merging onto the freeway, you should be driving:
- When you hear a fire engine siren, you must:
- Which of the following statements about blind spots is true?
- Which of these is true about signal person at road construction sites?
- This lane in the middle of a two-way street is used to:
- To avoid last minute moves, you should be looking down the road to where your vehicle will be in about _______
- Following distance should increase when you:
- You may legally park your car in front of a driveway:
- You are repeatedly convicted of traffic violations. What can happen?
- When sharing the road with a trolley or light rail vehicle:
- You should be prepared to take a chemical test for the alcohol content of your blood, breath or urine:
- Which of these statements is true about safety zones?
- If another car is in danger of hitting you, you should:
- Scanning while you drive means you:
- You may turn right on a solid red light:
- When parking next to a curb, you should use your turn signals:
- You must notify law enforcement and make a written report (SR 1) to DMV if:
- A driver unexpectedly pulls in front of you. The handbook recommends:
- Allow a larger space cushion when stopping:
- Which of these statements is true about drinking alcohol and driving?
- If you are towing another vehicle or trailer on a freeway with four lanes in your direction, you may travel in:
- When exiting a highway, you should slow down:
- Which of these statements is true about large trucks?
- You must notify DMV within 5 days if you: