We can help you pass you Georgia permit test; all it takes is 3 simple steps. We have collected the largest free permit test practice questions database for you to practice for the permit test. We have covered everything you need to know to pass the GA driver’s permit test.
Let’s buckle up and get started. Good luck with your test and see you behind the wheels soon 🙂
1) Georgia Practice Permit Test: The first step in our three step system is pretty basic: we’ve assembled a free online practice permit test that will allow you to practice for the real Georgia permit test. It’s based on the real test, you even answer in the same multiple-choice style as the real test. Practicing a test with a practice test is a great way to study for that test. It’s completely free and located right here. Don’t bother with any other practice exams when you can just use ours!
2) Georgia Drivers Manual: The Georgia Drivers handbook is the book that this test is going to be based on. So you should read that handbook. Really read it and absorb all of that sweet knowledge about proper driving. You may think you know everything about driving already, but it never hurts to be one hundred percent sure!
3) Georgia Road Signs: Road signs are going to make up a lot of questions on the test, so be sure and study them well, it will definitely pay off in the long run. Proper road sign identification is an important step in driving that you will use on the road, and constantly in any Drivers Ed class.
4) Georgia Permit Test Flash Cards: Use these flash cards as many times as you need to practice for your actual Georgia permit test. Remember – about half of individuals FAIL the real knowledge test the first time. So, make sure to study the full GEORGIA Driver’s Manual before you go to take the real knowledge test.
5) Georgia Permit Test Cheat Sheet: This cheat sheet will help you remember the important test questions and help you prepare for the Georgia permit test in simple easy way. You can either download or read the cheat sheet online.
Follow these three steps and you will pass that test. You don’t need to believe in yourself, just believe in us who believe in you!
Georgia Permit Test FAQs:
How do I get driver’s permit in Georgia?
If you have never had a driver’s license, you must apply for a Georgia learner’s permit. This requires that you pass a written exam on safe driving techniques, motor vehicle laws and traffic signs. Once you get the learner’s permit, you must pass a vision test and a road skills test to get a driver’s license in Georgia.
If you are under 18 years of age, you must hold the learner’s permit for at least one year and one day before you can take the road skills test.
As of January 1, 2007, 16-year-old applicants must comply with Joshua’s Law. This requires Georgia approved Driver’s Education before a license can be issued. Driver’s Education is not required after the age of 17.
How do I prepare for the Georgia permit test?
It is a requirement of the Georgia DMV that applicants must complete and pass a written exam on safe driving techniques, traffic signs and motor vehicle laws. Studying for this exam is encouraged so that you can obtain your learner’s permit when you reach the required age. Test your driving knowledge by taking the Georgia practice test now. Online practice tests are available that provide real sample questions from the exam. If you fail to pass this exam, you may be charged a fee to re-write it and you may be required to wait at least until the next day to re-take the test.
I have recently moved to Georgia. How do I get the driver’s license?
If you move to Georgia and have a license from another state, you will need to get your Georgia driver’s license within 30 days of moving. You will need to turn in your out-of-state license so be sure to bring it with you when you go to the DMV.
You will have to pass the vision test to exchange your valid out-of-state license; however, you will not have to do a written exam or a road skills test.
Those people under the age of 18 years, who hold a valid license from another state will need to call the Customer Service Number at (678) 413-8400 for information as the requirements in the issuing state may be different than the driving requirements for teens in Georgia.
If you are turning in a learner’s permit from another state, you must meet all other requirements for obtaining a license in Georgia.
I am from the overseas. Do I have to apply for the Georgia driver’s license?
If you are over the age of 16 and have a valid driver’s license from another country, you may drive in Georgia if you have your license in your possession when you do so. If you become a Georgia resident, you must apply for a Georgia license and pass all the required tests, including vision screening, written exam and road skills test, within 30 days.
What documentation do I require for GA driving permit?
Be sure you have all of the following documents before you go to the Georgia DMV Office:
What will happen after I pass the permit test?
You will receive the following when your licensing requirements have been met:
- Restricted Driver’s License (16 years to 18 years of age) valid for 5 years.
- Full Driver’s License (18 years of age and older) valid for up to 8 years.
Always remember—to safely operate a motor vehicle you need knowledge, skill, and an understanding that there are limitations imposed by the environment and other drivers.