Passing the Oregon learner’s permit exam couldn’t be any easier if we tried. And we have tried. Which lead to the creation of our three easy steps to study for that test.
We have come up with 3 simple to follow steps for you to practice for the permit test. We have covered everything you need to know to pass the Oregon driver’s permit test. This might sound overwhelming, but there are hundreds of new drivers out there who studied these 3 steps and passed the permit test. Let’s get started.
1) Oregon Practice Permit Test: Using our Oregon permit test database, we have created a practice test that you can use to practice for the test. Taking this practice test has many benefits: you can learn what you need to study for the Oregon learner’s permit test, taking the test will help you remember facts about driving in Oregon, and maybe you’ll even find out that you’ve studied enough and are ready for the real Oregon learner’s permit test! Just like the non-practice test, this practice test is multiple choice. Unlike the real test, you find out if you’ve gotten an answer wrong immediately, no need to wait for the test to get graded! It’s the quickest and easiest way to test what you know about the rules regarding automobile operation in Oregon.
2) Oregon Drivers Manual: Taking the driver’s test over and over might be one way to learn everything you need to know for the Oregon permit exam, but there’s a more obvious and direct way: reading the manual. You’ve probably seen this manual before, but if you haven’t we have it right here. Feel free to read it here or download it and read it wherever you want!
3) Oregon Road Signs: Road signs aren’t hard to learn, you’re probably already familiar with all of them, but check here and bone up on your signage!
4) Oregon Permit Test Flash Cards: Use these flash cards as many times as you need to practice for your actual Oregon permit test. Remember – about half of individuals FAIL the real knowledge test the first time. So, make sure to study the full OREGON Driver’s Manual before you go to take the real knowledge test.
5) Oregon Permit Test Cheat Sheet: This cheat sheet will help you remember the important test questions and help you prepare for the Oregon permit test in simple easy way. You can either download or read the cheat sheet online.
That’s all you have to do to study for that test!
Oregon Permit Test FAQs:
How do I get driver’s permit in Oregon?
In the state of Oregon, you must be at least 16 years old to apply for a driver’s license. If you have never had a driver’s license before, you have to apply for an Oregon instruction learner’s permit. To do this you must pass a vision test as well as a written test on safe driving techniques, traffic signs and motor vehicle laws.
After you get the learner’s permit, you must pass a road test to get an Oregon driver’s license.
If you are under the age of 18, before you take the road skills test, you must hold a learner’s permit for a minimum of 6 months and prove that you have completed an approved traffic safety course, OR, you can do another 50 hours of supervised driving.
Therefore, if you are under the age of 18, you must show proof of the following before taking the road skills test:
- Completion of an approved traffic safety course and 50 hours of supervised driving experience; or
- 100 hours of supervised driving experience
I have recently moved to Oregon. How do I get the driver’s license?
If you move to Oregon and you have a license from another state, you must get your Oregon license as soon as you establish residence. You will be asked to turn in your out-of-state license so be sure to take it with you when you go to the DMV office.
The road skills test may be waived at the discretion of the examiner but you will be required to do the vision test and the written test to change your license. You may be asked to apply for a new license and pass all required testing if your former driver’s license is expired.
I am from the overseas. Do I have to apply for the Oregon driver’s license?
If you come to Oregon with a valid license from another country and you want to get an Oregon driver’s license, you must pass the vision screening, written exam and road skills test.
What documentation do I require for OR driving permit?
Be sure you have the following docments when you go to the Oregon DMV Office:
What will happen after I pass the permit test?
You will receive an interim card when you have met all the requirements. After this you will receive, in the following in the mail:
- Restricted License (16 to 17 years of age).
- Full driver’s license (18 and older), which is valid for up to 8 years.
Always remember—to operate a vehicle safely, you must have knowledge, practiced skill and respectfully understand the limitations that can be imposed by the environment as well as other driver.