Passing the Rhode Island learner’s permit test is the first thing that you’re going to have to do before you learn to drive, assuming you currently live in Rhode Island, of course. What we have here is three easy to learn steps to study for, and eventually pass, that test.
1) Rhode Island Practice Permit Test: How would you study for the Rhode Island learner’s permit exam? What if we told you that the best possible way to study for that test was to take another test with similar questions? This practice test is just that. The free test on this very web site will test you on your Rhode Island driving knowledge while helping you find out what you don’t know about driving in Rhode Island. It’s all multiple choice, too, just like the test you’re going to take soon. Practice tests are even a great way to get over any of that test anxiety!
2) Rhode Island Drivers Manual: The Rhode Island drivers manual is a collection of pages containing the pure, unadulterated rules that must be obeyed whenever you get behind the wheel of a car, or even behind the handlebars of a motorcycle. You could get this handbook directly from the Government, but you could also cut out the middleman and get it right here! Like the test, it is also free!
3) Rhode Island Road Signs: Road signs are all over roads in Rhode island. So make sure you study them!
4) Rhode Island Permit Test Flash Cards: Rhode Island permit test flash cards will help you remember the Rhode Island road signs and road rules in an easy way. Study these flash cards to prepare for the Rhode Island permit test.
5) Rhode Island Permit Test Cheat Sheet: This cheat sheet will help you remember the important test questions and help you prepare for the Rhode Island permit test in simple easy way. You can either download or read the cheat sheet online.
Easy to do, yes? Just follow our guide and you’ll have that permit before you know it!
Rhode Island Permit Test FAQs:
How do I get driver’s permit in Rhode Island?
To apply for a Rhode Island Limited Provisional Driver’s License you must be a minimum of 16 years old and prove that you have completed the Community College of Rhode Island certified 33 ½ hour driver education course.
If you have never had a license before you must apply for a Rhode Island limited instructional permit. This requires that you pass a vision test and a written exam on safe driving techniques, traffic signs and motor vehicle laws. After you have the instructional permit, to obtain a Rhode Island driver’s license, you must pass a road skills test.
If you are below the age of 18, before you can take the road skills test, you must hold the learner’s permit for a minimum of 6 months, complete and additional 50 hours (10 at night) of supervised driving and prove that you have completed an approved driver education program.
How do I prepare for the Rhode Island permit test?
You are encouraged to study for this exam so that you can obtain your learner’s permit as soon as you reach the required age. You can take an online practice exam that provides actual sample questions from the DMV exam. Test your driving knowledge by taking the Rhode Island practice permit test now.
I have recently moved to Rhode Island. How do I get the driver’s license?
If you move to Rhode Island and you have a license from another state, you must get a Rhode Island license as soon as you become resident. You will be asked to turn in your out-of-state license so be sure you take it with you when you go to the DMV.
Your first license in Rhode Island will be valid for up to two years and expire on your birthday. You may then renew the license for five (5) years.
You must apply for an instructional permit as a new driver and pass all the tests if your former license has been expired for more than a year.
I am from the overseas. Do I have to apply for the Rhode Island driver’s license?
You can drive in Rhode Island with an international driving permit, along with your foreign driver’s license for one year. After your foreign driver’s license expires, you will be required to apply for a learner’s permit and pass the required tests.
What documentation do I require for RI driving permit?
You should ensure that you have the following required documents when you go to the Rhode Island DMV Office:
What will happen after I pass the permit test?
You will receive the following when you have met the licensing requirements:
- Restricted License (16 to 17 years of age), which is valid for 2 years.
- Full driver’s license (18 and older), which is valid for 5 years.
Always remember—to operate a vehicle safely, you must have knowledge, practiced skill and respectfully understand the limitations that can be imposed by the environment as well as other driver.