Do you have what it takes to be a real New York driver? Yes, you do! The first step in this process is taking a NY DMV permit test to get your learner’s permit. Before you take that test, you should definitely use our easy, three part study plan. Not only is it online and available whenever and wherever you need it, it’s also completely free! Not that fake free that many Internet sites are these days. You can do this, because we’re behind you one hundred percent!
1) New York Practice Permit Test: What we have right here is a NY practice test that’s just like the real New York learner’s permit exam. Taking this practice test is both a great way to practice the knowledge you do know, and a great way to learn what knowledge you don’t know and need to read up on.
2) New York Drivers Manual: After you’ve figured out what you need to know, there’s one place to learn those facts: the New York Drivers Manual. You can easily find copies of this from many sources, but if you want to get it right here, we have it right here.
3) New York Road Signs: Road signs show up on every road, in every town. They’re also going to show up on every written test about driving you ever take, so pay attention to them.
4) New York Permit Test Flash Cards: New York DMV permit test flash cards will help you remember the New York road signs and road rules in an easy way. Study these flash cards to prepare for the New York permit test.
5) New York Permit Test Cheat Sheet: This cheat sheet will help you remember the important test questions and help you prepare for the New York permit test in simple easy way. You can either download or read the cheat sheet online.
That’s everything there is to the permit exam! Just follow our steps and you’ll find that it’s not even remotely hard. Dominate that test!
New York Permit Test FAQs:
How do I get driver’s permit in New York?
To apply for a New York driver’s license you must be at least 16 years old. If you have never had a license before, you must apply for a New York learner’s permit and pass a written exam on safe driving techniques, traffic signs and motor vehicle laws.
After you get the instructional permit, you must pass the vision and road skills tests to get a provisional license in New York.
Ensure that you know and understand the restrictions for your area of the state. The rules for Junior Driver’s Licenses and learner’s permits are different depending on in which part of the state you live.
Before taking the road skills test, you must hold the learner’s permit for a minimum of 6 months and log at least 50 hours of supervised driving (15 at night and 15 in moderate to heavy traffic recommended).
How do I prepare for the New York permit test?
You are encouraged to study for this exam so that you can obtain your learner’s permit as soon as you reach the required age. You can take an online practice exam that provides actual sample questions from the DMV exam. Test your driving knowledge by taking the New York practice permit test now.
I have recently moved to New York. How do I get the driver’s license?
If you move to New York and you have a license from another state, you must get a New York license within 30 days. You will be asked to turn in your out-of-state license so be sure to take it with you when you go to the DMV.
You will have to pass the vision screening test to change your license to a NY driver’s license, but there is no written exam or road skills test. You will be required to apply for a new license and pass the written, vision and road skills test if your license from your former state has been expired for more than 12 months.
I am from the overseas. Do I have to apply for the New York driver’s license?
You may drive using your foreign driver’s license in New York as long as you do not become a resident of the state. If you become a resident you must change to a New York license. If your license is from any country other than Canada, you will be required to pass the written test, take a 5 hour pre-licensing course and pass the road skills test to get a New York driver’s license
What documentation do I require for NY driving permit?
Ensure that you have all the following documents with you when you go to the New York DMV Office:
You will receive the following when you have met the licensing requirements:
- Restricted License (16 to 17 years of age), which is valid for 3 to 5 years
- Full driver’s license (18 and older), which is valid for up to 8 years.
Always remember—to operate a vehicle safely, you must have knowledge, practiced skill and respectfully understand the limitations that can be imposed by the environment as well as other drivers.