Are you at least 15 years old and live in the great state of Alabama? Then you qualify for a learner’s permit! After the necessary exam, of course. And you should never take a test unprepared, which is where we come in: Our three-step process will have you ace that test and get out on the road in no time!
We have come up with 3 simple to follow steps for you to practice for the permit test. We have covered everything you need to know to pass the Alabama permit test.
- Alabama Practice Permit Test: We’ve constructed a simulation of taking the multiple-choice test that you must pass to get a learner’s permit. Our AL practice permit test is done in the same style as the real thing, drawing from the same material as the real thing, so you can be prepared for the real thing. Both our practice test and the real Alabama Learner’s Permit Test can be taken as many times as necessary, however you can take our practice test from the comfort of your own home.
- Alabama Drivers’ Manual: Before you can step into the driver’s seat for the first time, you need to know the laws governing car travel in Alabama. The easiest way to do this? Read the manual! The Alabama Drivers Manual is freely available from the Alabama Department of Public Safety’s home page, but we have also mirrored it here for your convenience. You’re just a couple mouse clicks between studying for the test and practicing it!
- Alabama Road Signs: Road signs are generally pretty simple and straight-forward, but make sure you pay special attention to these, because it will definitely be on the test!
- Alabama Permit Test Flash Cards: Alabama permit test flash cards will help you remember the Alabama road signs and road rules in an easy way. Study these flash cards to prepare for the Alabama permit test.
- Alabama Permit Test Cheat Sheet: This cheat sheet will help you remember the important test questions and help you prepare for the Alabama permit test in simple easy way. You can either download or read the cheat sheet online.
Simple, no? Just let us give you three steps and you’ll be right out the door with your new Alabama learner’s permit.
Alabama Permit Test FAQs:
How do I get driver’s permit in Alabama?
To apply for a Learner’s Permit under Alabama driver’s license guidelines, you must be at least 15 years of age. A vision test, as well as a written exam, must be passed by all applicants. The permit must then be held for 6 months before application for a driver’s license can be made.
How do I prepare for the Alabama permit test?
It is a requirement in Alabama that anyone applying for a permit must pass a written test that includes safe driving techniques, motor vehicle laws and traffic signs. Studying for this exam is encouraged so that you can obtain your learner’s permit when you reach the required age. – Take the Alabama practice test now and test your driving knowledge–Online practice tests are available that provide real sample questions from the exam.
It may be required of you to wait until at least the next day to re-take the test, if you fail it. Some states also charge a fee to re-take the test.
I have recently moved to Alabama. How do I get the driver’s license?
If you are a new resident with an out-of-state license, you must get an Alabama license within 30 days of moving to Alabama. You must surrender your out-of-state license in order to get the new one, so be sure to bring it with you when you head to the DMV.
A vision test will be required, but you will not be required to pass a written or road skills exam. However, you will have to pass all required testing if you your out-of-state license had been expired for more than three years.
I am from the overseas. Do I have to apply for the Alabama driver’s license?
If you are a visitor to Alabama, you must have the following original documents or copies certified by the issuing agency: proof of name, date of birth and authorized presence in the US. Documents, unless otherwise noted, must either be current or the type that does not expire. There must be at least 160 days of allowable time in the US on immigration documents.
What documentation do I require for Alabama driving permit?
You must have all the following documents with you when you go to the Alabama DPS Office:
What will happen after I pass the permit test?
You will receive the following documents, when your licensing requirements have been met:
- Provisional Driver’s License (16 to 17 years of age)
- Full Driver’s License (17 and older) valid for 4 years.
Always remember—to safely operate a motor vehicle you need knowledge, skill, and an understanding that there are limitations imposed by the environment and other drivers.