A car plays nearly as much significance in the cost of the insurance as the driving record (or lack thereof) of the person being insured. Because insurance for teens can be just as much or more than the cost of insuring an adult with a horrible driving record it is smart to go looking for ways to cut down the actual cost of insuring teens and what better way to do that than through the cars they drive? Let’s find out top 10 teen insurance friendly cars:
1. Audi A3 – Audi is a well built car brand that has garnered praise from both the public and car safety programs because of their attention to detail in looks and features of their cars. For the Audi A3 that combination has created a car that is filled with incomparable safety features and a sleek look that teens will love. Because of the safety features included in the car like full length side airbags, stability controls and antilock brakes, this car is relatively cheap to insure because insurance companies love a safe car… it makes the possibilities of accidents and injuries less likely after all.
2. Mercury Sable – Oftentimes teens want those flashy, fast cars that instigate the desire to drive fast and do questions tricks with the car… leading to more accidents and injuries paid for by insurance companies. But, when a teen drives a car like the Mercury Sable there is less desire to go fast, saving the parents and the insurance company a lot of hassle and money. Though it is more of a sedate car, the Sable is equipped with features and looks that teens will still enjoy, even if it isn’t that flashy red sports car they always wanted. Better yet, this car has a high NHTSA safety rating that insurance company’s love.
3. Subaru Forester – Subaru Forester has long been featured as one of the most fun, but safe cars to drive and that high rating proves favorable with insurance companies. The Forester got a perfect rating from the IIHS for crashes involving frontal offset and side impact, making it a car that teens can drive safely to the benefit of the insurance company and the cost of the insurance will reflect that.
4. Scion xB – Teens has a love for those quirky cars like the Scion brand which caters to the younger crowd, but better than that Scion is a part of the Toyota family which has a high reliability rating from Consumer Reports. Insurance companies take into account the overall safety rating of a car and with one like the xB you can be assured insuring a teen driver won’t be as expensive as it could have been. The Scion xB also features a low price and customized features that allow teens to truly embrace the car as their own.
5. Nissan Rogue – This fun little hatchback is one of the most well equipped cars on the market when it comes to safety which features like full length curtain airbags, antilock brakes, stability control, front air bags and more. Besides the safety equipment that comes standard on the car making insurance companies very appreciative when it comes to pricing an insurance policy, the Nissan Rogue is an attractive car that looks like a luxury car without the costly sticker price of other cars with the same safety features.
6. Mercury Milan – Though this car is slightly more luxury than some others on the list, the Mercury Milan is filled with safety features that ensure a lower insurance premium for teen drivers. It received a perfect rating from the IIHS in frontal offset and side impact crashes, making it a safe car that parents can feel assured in their teens driving and see the savings when it comes to the month insurance payment.
7. Honda Civic Sedan – The Honda Civic Sedan is a quality made car that has a low sticker price and a high safety rating. From the full length curtain airbags to the active front head restraints, this car is a perfect choice for a teen driver in style, safety and insurance price.
8. Ford Taurus – This is not a sports car or a flashy car in any way, but it is a nice little car that is a great starter car for a teen. The Taurus has garnered perfect safety ratings from the NHTSA on everything from frontal offset crashes to standard safety features like full length curtain airbags, making it a car that insurance companies love to ensure because drivers are far more likely to avoid accidents and injuries because the car protects passengers better.
9. Ford Fusion – Similar to the Ford Taurus, the Fusion features a perfect scoring with both the NHTSA and the IIHS for safety features like its electronic stability control (ESC) and crash ratings like the highest score possible for frontal offset crashes. However unlike the Taurus, the Ford Fusion is attractive to the younger crowd because of it more customized features that make it a “cool” car to drive.
10. Honda Accord Sedan – The Accord Sedan features standard safety equipment such as antilock disc brakes, full length curtain airbags, and stability and traction control. These safety features help to lower the overall insurance rates for teen drivers so that parents aren’t paying a high premium to insure their newly licensed teenager.